"Livin' Like a Lusty Flower" ~ SCROLL DOWN!!! Share Some Life With Me!

"Livin' Like a Lusty Flower" ~ SCROLL DOWN!!! Share Some Life With Me!
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Soulshine

Soulshine

DOSE

DOSE

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Ballade No. 1, Op. 23 ~ Chopin (1810-1849)

This is so beautiful...I don't know what year this is...my cd says that the Ballade No. 1. Op. 23 that I have could have been performed at various dates throughout 1979 until 1982. My cd only has sound and I've had it since around 1990. I'm assuming this video has to be within that time frame but there is no elaboration. I can't be sure. I have so very often stared at Mr. Horowitz with an amazed awe. He never seems to even break a sweat. A serene Buddha smile seems to reach his lips and his fingers are never weak...as if the countless hours of practice have been joyfully and gleefully spent...he leans forward, his arms look strong not exhausted...on the outside (in other words "1989") he'd have been performing this at the age of 86. Whew! Astounding. On the inside he'd have been 69 years of age and he's simply profound. I shall always treasure him...



No comments: